This is the best chicken parmesan you're going to get outside of an Italian restaurant. It's easy to make and then you can freeze it either before baking or after. Bonus - it reheats really well.
Oven-Fried Chicken Parmesan
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 c panko (Japanese breadcrumbs - you can find this right next to the regular breadcrumbs)
4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 marinara sauce
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
3/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- preheat oven to 450*
- combine flour, oregano, and salt in a shallow dish; place eggs in another bowl; place panko in another shallow dish
- dredge one breast half in flour mixture and make sure it is fully coated
- dip the floured chicken in the egg and then dredge in panko; if necessary, dredge several times to get a good thick coating
- repeat procedure with remaining chicken
- heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; turn chicken over and cook another 2 minutes.
- coat chicken with cooking spray; transfer chicken to a baking dish and place in the oven. bake at 450* for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; top each breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce, 2 tablespoons parmesan, and 3 tablespoons mozzarella. Bake 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
Enjoy with a side of pasta, salad and Italian bread. I wish I had pictures to show you, but you'll have to take my word for it - it's delicious!