Sunday, July 12, 2009

Occupational Hazards

Britt often teases me that I find ways to get hurt while doing seemingly harmless things.  Last week I was top-stitching around an apron with a zig-zag stitch when I stitched through my finger! Right through it.  Top through the bottom.  I had to stop screaming long enough to turn the wheel and get the needle out of my finger.  It hurt like crazy.  Britt and I were trying to figure out what to do but we decided that I didn't really need to go to the doctor because it was just a small hole - I mean, it's not like they were going to stitch it up.  We just cleaned the site really well and watched it to make sure that it didn't get infected. 

Definitely not a fun night.  But my finger is healing and I was able to sew the next day.  And from now on I'm going to be carefully watching out for the zag stitch.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment