Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Cutest Broom You Ever Did See

At least that's what our friend Thomas says about it. But there is a story behind it. I don't know what the Terminix man used the last time he came, but it attracted TONS of beetles to our house, and then they would die right there on our porch. Dozens of them every night. So we had a broom on our porch all the time to get rid of the carcases. After about 3 days I was tired of staring at the ugly thing, and I decided to give it a facelift. Here's the old broom:
I spray painted the handle/stick brown ...

... and then attached these bunches of berries, flowers, and things where the straw is sewn together.

Cute huh? We don't have the bug problem anymore, but I'm leaving it out because I like it so much. After Thanksgiving I'm going to have to find a new home for it I guess.

And in case you were wondering what my kids were up to while I was doing this, here's an image:
Yup, Verity dumped a bunch of clothes out the of their hanging system. Oh well. Clothes are easy to fold and put back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment