Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sprucing Up My Plants

So you all remember the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days? There was a scene in the movie where crazy Kate Hudson makes this huge deal about their "love fern." Well, Britt and I have one of our own ... sort of. Right before we got married we were given a plant. Some sort of ivy. It's held on for five years, even though I am a plant killer. This past week I was looking at it and it just looked so sad with it's two little tendrils hanging down the side of my end table, so I gave it a face lift.

I started by putting 3 wooden skewers in the plant's pot in a triangular shape (like a teepee).


Then I hot glued the three poles together at the top. I wove the ivy around the poles and then I took a little green string and tied the end of the tendril to the top just to secure it a bit.

Ta-da! It looks so much better.
And I know - for a plant that is 5+ years old, it's kind of scrawny. But it's scrappy! And it has what it takes to make it through the lean times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment